The director of the Doctoral School is RnIlQzMlQTlkJUMzJUE5cmljJTIwQ2hldnk= , professor at ENS.
He is supported by three deputy directors, each representing one of the partner institutions:
- For Sorbonne Université: TWFyaWElMjBDaGFtYXJybw== , professor at SU ;
- For Université Paris Cité: UGhpbGlwcGUlMjBMYWZhcmdl , professor at UPCité ;
- For the Université Paris-Saclay: ViVDMyVBOXJvbmlxdWUlMjBUZXJyYXM= , research director CNRS, UPSaclay.
Beyond the general operation of the EDPIF, each board member is also in charge of the relations between the ED and the respective institutions and for monitoring of thesis students enrolled at the institution. The Director and Assistant Directors implement the policy of the ED in terms of recruitment, training, monitoring, and professional integration of PhDs.
To establish this policy, they rely on the Council of the ED.
Each member of the board is assisted by an administrator.
PSL:Physics Dept. of the ENS, office GH 212
24 rue Lhomond - 75231 Paris cedex 0501 44 32 35 65
SU:Jussieu Campus, 56-66, 2nd floor, office 218, case courrier 921
4, place Jussieu - 75252 Paris cedex 0501 44 27 80 39
UPCité:Buiding «Grands Moulins», office 122A, case 7130
5 rue Thomas Mann, 75013 Paris01 57 27 61 10
UP-Saclay:LPS Orsay, office E111
Building 510, 91405 Orsay cedex01 69 15 53 56
Council of the Doctoral School Reports
The Executive Board of the ED is supported by a Council that assists in all its assigned missions.
The Council plays multiple roles:
- It defines the procedures and methods of the recruitment of doctoral students;
- It can serve as a committee of exception of title or equivalence;
- It reviews the suggested applications for different for proposals;
- It defines the policy for the scientific training and activities of the ED;
- It acts, as needed, in monitoring theses with particular difficulties.
The Council comprises professors and researchers,representatives of the socio-economic world, representatives of the doctoral students, and representatives of the technical and administrative staff.
As of 22th May 2018 the Council is constituted as follows:
12 laboratory directors
- François Ladieu (Service de Physique de l'Etat Condensé, CEA-Saclay)
- Maria Luisa Della Rocca (Laboratoires Matériaux et Phénomènes Quantiques, UPCité)
- Michela Petrini (Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et des Hautes Energies, SU)
- Florence Gazeau (Laboratoire Matière et Systèmes Complexes, UPCité)
- Antoine Heidmann (Laboratoire Kastler Brossel, ENS, SU)
- Jorge Kurchan (Laboratoire de Physique de l'ENS, ENS, SU, UPCité)
- Stéphanie Mangenot (Physico-chimie, Institut Curie)
- Pascale Foury (Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, UPSaclay)
- Tristan Cren (Institut des NanoSciences de Paris, SU)
- Arnaud Tourin (Institut Langevin, ESPCI)
- Emmanuel Trizac (Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et Modèles Statistiques, UPSaclay)
- Pascal Viot (Laboratoire de Physique Théorique de la Matière Condensée, SU)
2 ED administrators and technical/administrative staff representatives
- Médina Mahrez (PSL)
- Nadine Yassine (SU)
3 representatives of the academic world outside of the ED
- Anne Amy-Klein (Laboratoire de Physique des Lasers, Paris 13)
- Eric Charron (Head of ED Ondes et Matière, UPSaclay)
- Thierry Fouchet (Head of ED Astronomie et astrophysique d'Ile-de-France)
4 doctoral students elected by their peers from each institution
- Alain Serafin (SU - LKB - promotion 2019)
- Meriem Bensouda (PSL -LPENS - promotion 2019)
- Louis Waquier (UP Cité - MPQ - promotion 2020)
- Amaury Micheli (UPSaclay - IJCLab - promotion 2019)
2 representatives of the socio-economic sector
- Claire Lebouteiller, BforCURE
- Emmanuelle Gouillard, Saint-Gobain
Council membership is renewed every 5 years (with the exception of doctoral students, renewed every 2 years).
The Council of the ED typically meets three times a year, and more frequently if necessary.