The doctoral school organizes an event for each promotion each year.
Participation in these events is mandatory.
Welcome meeting of the doctoral school (1st year)
A welcome meeting for new PhD students is organized each year (in November). The objective of this meeting is an explanation of the functioning of the Doctoral School, mainly in relation with follow up and additional training. There will be a speaker talking about ethics in science. Alumni of the Doctoral School have also been invited to share their experience and their professional careers.
Scientific day (2nd year)
A scientific day for doctoral students of the second year is organized every year (in June).
This meeting is organized by voluntary doctoral students.
It consists of several oral presentations (15 to 20 minutes, preferably in English) given by the PhD students ,
as well as a posters session, with awards ceremony for the best poster.
The sientific day will take place on Tuesday June 16th, 2020
at Ecole Normale Supérieure, Amphithéâtre Jaurès ,
24, rue Lhomond 75005 Paris
Career pursuit workshop (3rd year)
An event devoted to the employment of doctors is organized by the ED ,
aimed at doctoral students in the 3rd year.
It consists in a presentation of the employment figures of doctors
and continues with a round table of speakers from different professional sectors.
It will tahe place on Tuesday March 10th, 2020
at Sorbonne Université, bâtiment Esclangon, Amphithéâtre Astier
4, rue Jussieu 75005 Paris
- 17h30-17h45: Employment of PhD: general presentation by Faustine Bizet,
Recruitment consultant at Adoc Talent Management (consulting firm specialized in the employment of PhD)
- 17h45-19h00: Round-table bringing together stakeholders representing different socio-economic sectors :
- Claire Lebouteiller, R&D Project Manager, Bforcure
- Pierre Vernaz-Gris, R&D Engineer, Cailabs
- Thierry Yvain, Internal R&T Program Manager, ArianeGroup
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, Founder, Director of Research, Capital Fund Management
- Faustine Bizet, Recruitment Consultant, Adoc Talent Management
- and the board of the Doctoral School Physique en Ile-de-France
- 19h15: Open discussion over an aperitif
Previous events :
- Welcome meeting - November 4th 2019
- Welcome meeting - November 6th, 2017
- Scientific day - June 20th, 2018
- Career pursuit workshop - November 14th, 2017
- Welcome meeting - November 7th, 2016
- Scientific day - June 19th, 2017
- Career pursuit workshop - November 22nd, 2016
- Welcome meeting - November 2nd, 2015
- Scientific day - June 17th, 2016
- Career pursuit workshop - November 26th, 2015