The doctoral school organizes an event for each promotion each year.
Participation in these events is mandatory.
Welcome meeting of the doctoral school (1st year)
A welcome meeting for new PhD students is organized each year (in November). The objective of this meeting is an explanation of the functioning of the Doctoral School, mainly in relation with follow up and additional training. There will be a speaker talking about ethics in science. Alumni of the Doctoral School have also been invited to share their experience and their professional careers.
The welcome meeting will take place on
Wednesday November 9th, 2022 from 5 p.m to 7 p.m
at École normale supérieure — 45 rue Ulm, 75005 Paris
in the Jaurès amphitheater
Scientific day (2nd year)
A scientific day for doctoral students of the second year is organized every year (in June). This meeting is organized by voluntary doctoral students. It consists of several oral presentations (15 to 20 minutes, preferably in English) given by the PhD students , as well as a posters session, with awards ceremony for the best poster.
The sientific day will take place on
June xx, 2023 (from 9 am. to 6 pm.)
at Campus des Cordeliers — 15, rue de l'Ecole de médecine
in the Farabeuf amphitheater
Career pursuit workshop (3rd year)
An event devoted to the employment of doctors is organized by the ED , aimed at doctoral students in the 3rd year. It consists in a presentation of the employment figures of doctors and continues with a round table of speakers from different professional sectors.
It will take place on Wednesday January 18th, 2022
at École normale supérieure — 29 rue Ulm, 75005 Paris
in the Jaurès amphitheater
Program :PDF Version (French)
- 6:00 p.m -6.15 p.m : Employment of PhD: general presentation by Anis Amokrane,
Recruitment consultant at Adoc Talent Management (consulting firm specialized in the employment of PhD)
- 6.15 p.m -7.30 p.m : Round-table bringing together stakeholders representing different socio-economic sectors :
- Alice Coucke, Head of machine learning research, sonos
- Tom Douce, Director at WeUpLearning, WeUpLearning
- Daniel Dolfi, Director of the Physics Department, Thales R&T
- Emmanuelle Gouillard, Scientific Director, Saint Gobain Reseach Paris
- Anis Amokrane, Recruitment Consultant, Adoc Talent Management
- and the board of the Doctoral School Physique en Ile-de-France
Previous events :
- Welcome meeting - November 4th 2019
- Welcome meeting - November 6th, 2017
- Scientific day - June 20th, 2018
- Career pursuit workshop - November 14th, 2017
- Welcome meeting - November 7th, 2016
- Scientific day - June 19th, 2017
- Career pursuit workshop - November 22nd, 2016
- Welcome meeting - November 2nd, 2015
- Scientific day - June 17th, 2016
- Career pursuit workshop - November 26th, 2015